Connect with us

Breaking News

Veteran Nollywood actor Victor Decker’s dead body discovered in apartment

Published

on

Veteran Nigerian actor, Victor Decker, was discovered dead in his apartment yesterday by his neighbours at about 5 pm.

According to the Mayor of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, Abuja, Jesse Nazareth, Decker’s neighbours had to break down the door to his apartment before they discovered his lifeless decomposed body seated in his sitting room. 

Be that as it may, Victor Decker died at 72 and the cause of his death is still unknown.

Nazareth said, “Yes, Victor Decker is dead. I am in the mortuary where they want to embalm him. What caused his death is unknown to me. I just received a call that his neighbours did not see him for days so they got concerned. They went to his house, knocked on his door but didn’t receive any feedback so they had to break down the door. That was when they saw him sitting on his chair dead. He was already smelling as he was decomposing. I rushed down there to put the necessary things in order.” 

In addition, she said that several hospitals rejected the body of the late actor because it was already decomposing. 

Also Read: Ohakim reconcines with Araraume

“I had to obtain a police report and cars to convey him to a hospital. I took him to several hospitals but they didn’t accept him because his body was already decomposing. At about 3 am this morning, we were referred to a private hospital in Bwari, Abuja, where they accepted his body. This morning, they are embalming his body but they need to first reduce its size as he has swollen.”

Nazareth stated that the late actor’s younger brother was with her, while the rest of his family would join them in the hospital later in the day.  

“His younger brother, Samson Decker, is here with us. He cannot talk to the press at the moment because he is not in the right frame of mind.”

Decker starred in films like Double Strings, If I am President and Lotanna.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Breaking News

[BREAKING] Arms fund probe: Finally, Army chief appears before Reps

Published

on


The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, is currently appearing before the House of Representatives’ Ad Hoc Committee on the Need to Review the Purchase, Use and Control of Arms, Ammunition and Related Hardware by Military, Paramilitary and Other Law Enforcement Agencies.

The committee had no less than two times invited Attahiru and Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele, to answer questions on the procurement of arms and ammunition.
On Friday, the committee, after a long wait, postponed the investigative hearing till Monday.

Read Also: Police Kills another Black man in Minneapolis, sparks fresh protest

Earlier on March 22, 2021, the committee had, after the failure by the CBN governor and the COAS to appear before it, summoned them to appear before on April 7, 2021.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

BREAKING: Doctors suspend nationwide strike

Published

on

Resident doctors have suspended their nationwide strike after 10 days.

Their president, Dr. Uyilawa Okhuaihesuyi, told The PUNCH on Saturday.

He said, “We suspended the strike about one hour ago. We are responsible to Nigerians, the government has acceded to some demands.”

Read Also: Wike bans meeting of Igbo group in Rivers

According to him, the strike was suspended after meetings with various stakeholders in the health sector.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

BREAKING: Gunmen raze another Imo police station

Published

on

Gunmen on Tuesday razed the Ehime Mbano Local Government Area Divisional Police Headquarters in Imo State.

This development came just a day after unknown gunmen attacked Owerri Correctional Centre and the Imo State Police Command headquarters, freeing 1,884 inmates and razing over 50 vehicles.

Tuesday’s attack came few hours after the vice president, Yemi Osinbajo, the just sacked Inspector-General of Police, Muhammed Adamu, and other Government functionaries visited the state to inspect the level of damage on the attacked security facilities.

On arrival, the gunmen freed all the suspects in detention before setting the Police Divisional headquarters ablaze.

Our correspondent gathered that the gunmen operated without any resistance from policemen.

Also Read: BREAKING: Defend yourself against IPOB members – Uzodinma

A source said, “Gunmen this evening razed Ehime Mbano LGA police divisional headquarters. On arrival, the gunmen freed the suspects before wrecking the havoc.”

A police spokesperson in the state, Orlando Ikeokwu, said that he could not confirm the development when he was contacted by our correspondent on Tuesday evening.

But a senior police officer who does not want his name in print said that the Command’s hierarchy was saddened by the latest development.

The PUNCH reports that gunmen had between February and March razed Obowo, Abo Mbaise, Ihitte/ Uboma and Isiala Mbano Divisional Police Headquarters, killings three cops and injuring others.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending