Connect with us

Breaking News

Uzodinma V. Philip Umeadi

Published

on

Former Governors, Deputies may Join Forces Against Govt

…. View Court Action As Pay Back For Repealed Pension Law

IMO Former Governors, Deputies and Speakers  may gang up against Governor Hope Uzodinma by  supporting the pending legal suit instituted by Philip Umeadi which would be coming up on the 22 of October.

Information to Lead revealed that former Governors of Imo State,their Deputies as well as the Speakers whose pensions and other allowances were stopped by Uzodinma’s led administration now want to try their luck  by throwing their weights behind the said Philip Umeadi to see if Governor Hope Uzodinma would be shown the way out by the Supreme Court.

Philip Umeadi has gone to Supreme Court where he is seeking the court’s interpretation of the judgement which declared that Uche Nwosu ought to be the Governorship candidate of the APC in the 2019 elections but by virtue of double nominations by the APC and the Action Alliance, the candidature had been stripped off him.

Umeadi however is now asking same Supreme Court to interprete the said judgement in line with Uzodinma who same Supreme Court, declared the winner of the Governorship election held in Imo on March 9 2019.

With the said impending suit, the former Governors of Imo state,their Deputies as well as speakers who Governor Uzodinma in the bid to save unnecessary expenses for the state, through the state House of Assembly, repealed the law which empowered the said people from receiving pensions amongst other allowances.

Imo state Government received encomium from the general public when this law was repealed by the Government of Uzodinma but those concerned were not at peace with the arrangement hence their plot to throw their weights behind Umeadi to see if something positive would happen so that another Government would reconsider them.

Speaking with Lead Newspapers, one of the former Governors who would not want his name in print revealed that though there was a kind of division among the former Governors over the issue at hand, but some of them including the Deputies and Speakers are praying as well as supporting Umeadi’s course.

While the matter is still pending in suit, the Legal Adviser to Lead Newspapers,Barr Obinna Anaele while describing the impending suit as dead on arrival enthused that Umeadi as plaintiff in the said suit lacks locus to institute the case pointing out that he never contested in the election.

The Lawyer who advised all the aggrieved parties to put all their arsenal ahead of next election made it clear that Supreme Court would not condescend to argue on a matter which it has earlier decided when it declared Uzodinma winner.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Breaking News

Breaking News: Uche Obguagu, 5 other Imo Assembly Members suspended.

Published

on

Few minutes ago, the member representing Ikeduru State Constituency in Imo State House of Assembly, Amb Uche Ogbuagu among other five House Members were suspended by the leadership of the House.

Lead Express gathered that the House Members after emergency sitting resolved to suspend the House members.

At the time of filing this report, this paper had not learnt the reasons behind the sudden suspension.

The six House Members suspended were; Hon.Uche Ogbuagu, Hon. Philip Ejiogu, Hon. Kennedy Ibeh, Hon Dominic Ezerioha, Hon Crown Onyemaechi.

Read Also; Okorocha takes Imo APC battle to Abuja, insists on Nwafor led Excos

Continue Reading

Breaking News

BREAKING: Army renames Operation Lafiya Dole in North-East

Published

on

The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Ibrahim Attahiru, has approved the renaming of the ongoing counterinsurgency operation in the North-East from Operation Lafiya Dole to Operation Hadin Kai, the Nigerian Army has said.

This was contained in statement on Friday signed by Director Army Public Relations, Brigadier General Mohammed Yerima.

The statement was titled, ‘Nigerian Army Renames Operation In The North East, Seeks Inclusiveness’.

It read, “The Chief of Army Staff Lieutenant General Ibrahim Attahiru has approved the renaming of the ongoing Counterinsurgency Operation in the North East from Operation Lafiya Dole to Operation Hadin Kai.

“This is premised on the fact that the Nigerian Army has made a lot of progress over the years and needs to re-align for better efficiency.

Read Also: Istanbul’ll host Champions League final despite lockdown –UEFA

“Also affected in the re-designation are the Army Super Camps which now reflect the nomenclature of the formations and units followed by the name of the locations they occupy while sub-units are redesigned as Forward Operating Bases followed by the name of their locations. All these changes are with immediate effect.

“The renaming is in line with the COAS Vision of having ‘A Nigerian Army that is Repositioned to Professionally Defeat all Adversaries in a Joint Environment’.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

BREAKING: Five dead as gunmen set ablaze Imo police area command

Published

on

Tension heightened in Imo State, on Monday, as unknown gunmen razed the Okigwe South Police Area Command situated in Orieagu in the Ehime Mbano Local Government Area of Imo State.

A police officer at the headquarters, who spoke to our correspondent in the evening, said that on arrival, the gunmen opened fire on the cops who challenged them.

It was learnt that the invaders freed all the suspects in the cells and carted away arms.

The source said that no fewer than five policemen were shot dead by the attackers as they torch the security facility.

Read Also: UEFA to probe Ibrahimovic’s alleged investment in betting company

The source said, “Our area command headquarters in Okigwe south is on fire. Six policemen shot dead. They also freed the suspects before igniting a fire on the facility.”

When contacted, the police spokesperson in the state, Orlando Ikeokwu, said that five policemen were killed while one was missing during the attack.

He disclosed that the command had launched an investigation into the onslaught.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending