Press "Enter" to skip to content

Implementation of white paper: commissioner for lands raises alarm over threat to life

…vows to carryout assigned duty

The Imo State commissioner for lands and physical planning Barr. Enyinna Onuegbu has raised alarm over threats to life, owing to on-going implementation of the report continued on white paper on the recovery of both the Eastern Palm University, sealing of the Royal Spring Palm Apartment amongst others.

Imo State House of Assembly had few days ago changed the Eastern Palm University Ogboko to K.O Mbadiwe University, as Part of the recovery measures.

Also Read; Uzodinma Will Consider Natural Landowners In Acquisition-Onuegbu

Immediate former Governor of the State, Senator Rocahs Okorocha had while in the Government established the Eastern Palm University which he said that Imo State Government has 10% share and interest while his Rochas Foundation College of Africa has the remaining 90% which its management would be under PPP arrangement; a decision which did not go down well with Imo people.

During the short lived administration of Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha as the Governor; a panel of Enquiry was set up to investigate the process through which the said college was established with a view of reporting back to the state government.

The panel led by Prof. Jude Njoku upon investigation, reported that the said university be made part of the Imo State University on the grounds that it was established with the state funds.

Before the implementation of the said recommendation, the Supreme Court of Nigeria removed Ihedioha and declared Uzoidnma the winner of the April 9th Governorship election in  Imo hence everything shifted to the present administration.

Speaking to Lead Newspapers, Enyinna Onuegbu, the Imo state Commissioner for Lands, Survey and Physical Planning, and state Legal Adviser, All Progressive Congress, APC, said the recent threat to his life by those who are scared of the implementation of the State government white paper on recovery of state government’s properties, will not deter him from implementing the report to the fullest. Speaking with the Lead Express, Onuegbu said that he has received several threats to his life since he started the exercise from those who stole and appropriated Imo state government properties to themselves, families and cronies saying resorting to threatening him will only make him bolder to judiciously carry out the assignment given to him by Governor Hope Uzodinma as contained in the Government white paper.

He cited the recovery of the Eastern Palm University Ogboko, and the sealing of the Royal Spring Palm Apartments at Akachi road among others as the reasons for the threats saying the exercise was done according to the recommendations of the Justice Duru-Oha Igwe panel which governor Uzodinma vowed to implement.

Onuegbu warned that harming him will not stop the recovery exercise which according to him was a huge crime committed against Imo people, stressing that if he is not there someone else will continue the recovery mandate.

He however advised those whose transactions were genuine not to exercise any fear as the government of Governor Uzodinma is not out to victimize anybody but to ensure that the right things are done and Imo people will not be shortchanged.

He said:’ Since we started carrying out the directives by His Excellency Dist Senator Hope Uzodinma, governor of Imo state on the recovery of government properties as contained in the government White paper, I have been inundated with threat calls. This is inspite of efforts to bribe us which was vehemently rebuffed hence the despicable resort to threat to my life. Well, Imo people know who to hold responsible if anything untoward happens to me or my family members. My life is in God’s able hands,” Onuegbu assured.

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *