Connect with us

News

Govt Receives Verification Report On LGAs

Published

on

Again, Governor Hope Uzodinma has vowed to bring an end to ghost workers syndrome in the Local Governments.

Uzodinma disclosed this upon receipt of the report of the verification committee on the Local Governments.

Speaking while receiving the said report, Uzodinma pointed out that his administration would bring to end ghost workers in the civil service irrespective of whose ox is gored.

Governor Hope Uzodimma has received the report submitted by Committee on Verification of Staff and Salaries of the Unified Local Government Councils in Imo State.

Receiving the report at the Exco Chambers, Government House, Owerri, Wednesday, Governor Uzodimma said the verification became necessary as a result of what was observed at the inception of his administration, where 85% of Local Government fund was spent on payment of salaries of workers with nothing more to show at the Councils by way development.

He commended the Committee for living up to the expectation of submitting the report on record time, noting that the government will only pay those that have employment history and actually working for her.

 Governor Uzodimma emphasized that no amount of brigandage by any group of persons will stop the government from doing the right thing, adding that “the government will drop as many as possible on the local government payroll that is not working for the government.”

In addition, the Governor reinstated his earlier stand on the automation of all workers’ salaries in Imo State. He said that “no worker in Imo State will, any longer, receive double salaries.” He warned that those old days and ways are over and there must be sanity in the system.

Presenting their report earlier, the Chairman of the Committee on Verification of Staff and Salaries of the Unified Local Government Councils in Imo State, Mrs. Rosemary Izuogu who is also the Permanent Secretary in the Local Government Civil Service Commission of Imo State, pointed out a lot of rot in the management and administration of Local Governments in the state.

 She informed that their discoveries were worrisome and ugly, ranging from salary padding, amounting to N9 million and above in a single LGA, and some workers receiving double salaries per month.

 She advised on the need to solve the hydra-headed problems discovered in the process of the verification, noting that a syndicate and cabals have been there for a very long time.

 Mrs. Izuogu said that her Committee uncovered many workers who ought to have retired but are still working, as well as many illegal recruitment exercises which have resulted in resources being wasted on people who are not workers but always come to demand salaries.

 She thanked the Governor for giving them the opportunity to serve and assist in bringing up the report that will help the current government in Imo State anchored on Rehabilitation, Reconstruction and Recovery.

 Present at the event were the Deputy Governor of Imo State Prof. Placid Njoku, Secretary to the State Government, Chief Cosmos Iwu; the Chief of Staff, Barr. Nnamdi Anyaehie, and other members of the State Executive Council.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Celebrity

Didier Drogba, African Football Legend Divorces Wife

Published

on

The legend of Chelsea and Cote d’Ivoire, Didier Drogba, revealed that his ten-year marriage to his Malian wife, Lalla Diakate, is over… after appearing with a mystery woman in an intimate video in bed. In the late 1990s in Paris, Drogba, 42, met Diakate and they married in 2011.

As he sought to protect his loved ones from the limelight, he had previously kept a quiet private life. But after saucy pictures of him and an unknown woman set tongues wagging, he was coerced into making a statement confirming his relationship with Diakate was over. On social media, the images and clips soon went viral. And they revealed the bare-cheeled Blues idol in bed with a young woman who was almost naked.

Also Read: Nigerian Billionaire dies of Covid-19

He wrote on his Instagram handle, “I’m not in the habit of discussing my private life. “But, because of speculation in the media today, I can confirm that sadly, after 20 years together, Lalla and I took the difficult decision to separate last year. “We remain very close, and our main priorities have been to protect our children and our family’s private life. “May God bless you.”

Continue Reading

crimewatch

55-year-old man arrested for allegedly raping seven teenagers in Jos

Published

on

The police in Plateau state have arrested a 55-year-old man, Abdulhamid Sale, pictured above for allegedly raping seven teenagers in Bukuru community of Jos South local government area.

A youth leader in the community, Aliyu Hassan, said the suspect was arrested after one of the mothers of his victim reported the matter to members of the vigilante group in the community.

“The arrest of the suspect came after a report by a mother to one of the victims to the vigilante group in the area that she saw her daughter with a phone and felt that something was wrong.

After a thorough investigation, we found out that the phone was given to the girl by the said Abdulhamid Sale, and further checks revealed that he raped seven girls, mostly 13 years old in Kugiya area of Bukuru, who are mostly hawkers, by luring them with as little as 50 Naira, and small Tecno Phones”Aliyu said

Confirming the arrest, the spokesperson of the state police command, ASP Gabriel Ubah, said the suspect is in the custody of the police and would be charged to court as soon as investigation into the matter is concluded.

Continue Reading

News

#EndSARS: Court stops prosecution of Pastor Sam Adeyemi, Davido, and others

Published

on

A High Court in the Federal Capital Territory has stopped the prosecution of Pastor Sam Adeyemi of Daystar Christian Centre, Burna Boy, Davido, Falz, activist Deji Adeyanju and others over the #EndSARS protest. 

The High Court ordered a Magistrate court to immediately stop proceedings and stay action against 50 persons who supported the #EndSARS protests, following a criminal complaint filed by lawyer Kenechuhwu Okeke. 

Okeke in his suit alleged that during the riot,  properties were destroyed and the defendants who promoted the #EndSARS protests must be held responsible for it and also brought to justice.

Justice Bello Kawu who delivered a judgment on the application filed by Activist Deji Adeyanju (one of the defendants) for a judicial review of the substantive matter before the magistrate, said; 

“An order of this honourable court granting leave to the application to issue and serve on the defendant an application for judicial review against the proceedings/direct criminal complaint of Hon. Omolola Tolulope Akindele sitting at Chief Magistrate Court II, Wuse Zone 6 in the suit of Kenechukwu Okeke Vs Deji Adeyanju and 49 others in suit No. CR/49/2020.

“An order of this honourable court, that on the grant of the above orders herein, serve as stay of all proceedings on the direct criminal complaint Omolola Tolulope Akindele sitting at Chief Magistrate Court II, Wuse Zone 6 in the suit of Kenechukwu Okeke Vs Deji Adeyanju and 49 others in suit no. CR/49/2020.

“An order of this honourable court, that on the grant of the above orders herein, same order as granted by the honourable court shall restrain the Nigeria Police Force, 2nd and 3rd defendants from taking any further steps, arresting and or taking any unconstitutional/illegal steps in the form of any guise as it concerns the subject matters whatsoever before this court herein as it concerns all parties in the proceedings.”

Continue Reading

Trending