Connect with us

crimewatch

Footage of Baba Ijesha abusing minor disturbing, says Yomi Fabiyi

Published

on

Nollywood actor, Yomi Fabiyi, has said the CCTV footage of actor Olanrewaju James, also known as Baba Ijesha, sexually abusing a minor is disturbing.

It would be recalled that when the police announced that Baba Ijesha was in their custody for allegedly sexually abusing a minor, Yomi Fabiyi was one of those who demanded to see the CCTV footage of the incident which the police said they had custody of.

The actor has now taken to Instagram to condemn the actions of Baba Ijesha following the release of the footage.

He, however, lamented that his hesitation to jump to a conclusion concerning the allegation against Baba Ijesha was taken to mean he was supporting the suspect.

He also condemned the act of using the minor as bait for Baba Ijesha who is said to have also molested the girl seven years ago.

According to him, “If the girl was your child, can you make her go through such trauma again in the name of gathering evidence?”

Read Also: IPOB orders sit-at-home, bans church services on May 30

Yomi Fabiyi said this in a statement titled, ‘It Is Criminal To Molest A Minor Or Use A Minor As A Trap To Gather Evidence.’

The statement read, “It is disturbing and unfortunate viewing the images of the released CCTV footage of a minor been sexually abused by a senior colleague, Mr Lanre Omiyinka a.k.a Baba Ijesha. There is no excuse for this act. I condemn this act, it is embarrassing and disappointing.

“I have carefully waited for reliable options before jumping to a conclusion as done in a civilised society, a stance a handful misconstrued as supporting the suspect, it is a shame a handful in Nigeria still engage in social media recklessness in the name of social media age. NOWHERE HAVE I SUPPORTED OR CONDONE SUCH, someone just placed the idea and many without caution jumped on it. If you are not enlightened, SEEK KNOWLEDGE.

“The only person free from arrest and prosecution is the young lady. Several red lines were crossed, IGNORANCE is never an excuse. The key question every honest person should be asking is, “if the girl was your child, can you make her go through such trauma again in the name of gathering evidence? Where are the social services and domestic violence unit in Lagos State? Shelve press release and sentiments, swing into action.

“The law is sacrosanct and we all can agree a lot more needs to be done TO PROTECT CHILDREN IN NIGERIA. I am sad, we have failed many innocent children and it is time we rise to this challenge, THE WORLD IS WATCHING. Every Nigerian who honestly feel for the poor girl should take to the street in a peaceful protest, demand arrest of all connected to these ugly images, it is a cause worth risking everything for, do it for humanity and every innocent child.

“However, sentiment should never be an excuse to abuse the rights of every suspect or persons connected, that is the only way to achieve peace, fairness, justice and development. Thanks to the Lagos Police Commissioner and officers for their meticulous investigation and efforts so far. A society patient to balance a story seldom get misled or stand with lies. The media are doing a good job too. We want a safer Nigeria for every child.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

crimewatch

Imo Police arrest 2 robbery suspectsf from Mbaise

Published

on

The Imo State Police Command has arrested two armed robbery suspects, Mr. Darlington Ogubike, aged 36  and Mr. Ihuoma Emeriole, aged 25  , both from Umuevu Onitsha in Ezinihitte Mbaise Local Government Area of Imo state, for armed robbery and unlawful possession of firearms.

In a press release from the State Command, through the Command’s, Police Public Relations Officer, CSP. Mike Abattam, disclosed that  on “the 14th of July 2021 at about 17:30 hours based on credible information, a gang of armed robbers that have been terrorising Mbaise and its environs were sighted at Umuevu Onitsha Ezinihitte Mbaise LGA in Imo State. 

The command tactical teams mobilised and raided the criminal hideout where Darlington Ogubike  and Ihuoma Emeriole  both of Umuevu Onitsha Ezinihitte Mbaise LGA were arrested”.

He further stated that, two English made  authomatic Pump Action Guns, with seven rounds of live cartridges and two locally made Pistols were  recovered from them,  adding that, the suspects are presently undergoing interrogation and have made useful statements that will aid the police to arrest  other suspects. 

The Commissioner of Police,  Imo State Command, CP Abutu Yaro, however commended the officers and men for their proactiveness, and thanked residents and citizens of the state for their commendable synergy with the police, especially in the provision of credible information that has  enable smart policing and interception of criminal elements easier and warned that, all criminals should relocate from the state or face severe sanction.

Read Also; Ownership of Mbadiwe Varsity re-echoes

Continue Reading

crimewatch

Again, gunmen raze Akwa Ibom police station, kill cop

Published

on

Gunmen again on Wednesday set ablaze a divisional police station in the Etim Ekpo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State and killed one officer.

The officer, one Police Constable, Edogi Bassey, was gunned down by the hoodlums during exchange of fire between policemen and the assailants.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Odiko Macdon, who confirmed the attack in a statement in Uyo, said the hoodlums drove into the station in two vehicles loaded with dangerous weapons including AK-47 rifles.

The statement titled, ‘Police repelled attack at police stations’ read in part “At about 6:30am today, armed men in their numbers, armed with AK 47 rifles and other dangerous weapons, in two vehicles attacked the rented building housing the Etim Ekpo Area Command and Division.

Read Also: I was written off but never gave up – Iheanacho

“The undaunted and vigilant police officers on duty gallantly fought back, repelled them and averted the intended carnage.

“Unfortunately, a dedicated officer, one PC Edogi Bassey, paid the supreme price while a small portion of the building was torched.

“The gunmen who proceeded to Ika Division to perpetrate their nefarious activities were successfully again repelled leaving the station intact without loss of lives or arms.”

The statement added that the worrisome situation is being addressed by the police hierarchy and required the collaboration of all, adding that Commissioner of Police in the state, Andrew Amiengheme, had visited police formations and had called on law abiding citizens to volunteer timely information that will enable the police tackle the present security challenges in the state.

Continue Reading

crimewatch

$153 million, 80 houses recovered from Diezani —EFCC boss

Published

on

The Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Abdulrasheed Bawa, has disclosed that the commission has recovered $153 million from former Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, who has been living in Britain since leaving office.

He also said the anti-graft agency recovered no fewer than 80 choice property valued at $80m.

This was contained in the April edition of the EFCC magazine, EFCC Alert.

But the EFCC chief was quick to add that bringing the former minister to justice was still far from reality, given the fact that she was out of Nigeria’s jurisdiction, acknowledging the challenges associated with bringing her home to face justice.

The chairman said, “There are several cases surrounding Diezani’s case. I was part of that investigation, and we have done quite a lot. In one of the cases, we recovered $153 million; we have secured the final forfeiture of over 80 properties in Nigeria valued at about $80 million. We have done quite a bit on that.

“The other cases as it relates to the $115 million INEC bribery is also ongoing across the federation. We are looking forward to the time we will, maybe, have her in the country, and, of course, review things and see what will happen going forward. The case has certainly not been abandoned.’’

Read Also: BREAKING: Man City crowned Premier League champions after United loss

But responding to a question as to how he would be dealing with powerful government officials in the discharge of his assignment as EFCC chair, Bawa said he would be ready to leave the job if anyone tried to make him do what was illegal.

“I am not going to pay allegiance to individuals in the government,” he added.

Bawa pointed out that though he was young, he had paid the price on the job, having been among the pioneer staff of EFCC, rising through the ranks to reach the top.

He stated, “I rose through the ranks. The only job I know after graduation is the EFCC, which I joined in 2004. I rose through the ranks from an ordinary team member, to the first EFCC team leader from the regular staff of the EFCC.

“ I became a sectional head, became the zonal head in Ibadan, zonal head in Port Harcourt, and zonal head in Lagos. Lagos is the biggest operational hub of the EFCC with over 600 personnel. Port Harcourt is next to it in terms of complexity and staff strength. I happen to be the first EFCC regular staff to head three different zones before my appointment as the chairman.”

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending