Press "Enter" to skip to content

Fire guts Katsina Assembly complex

The upper chamber of the Katsina House of Assembly has been burnt down in a fire incident which took place on Wednesday.

According to reports on the incident, an assembly staff, who wanted to tidy up the chamber on Wednesday morning, opened its doors only to find out that the whole place had been gutted and raised the alarm.

The Governor, Aminu Masari, expressed shock at the incident, when he visited the House of Assembly complex to assess the level of damage caused by the fir.

Reacting to the incident, the House Deputy Chief Whip, Salisu Rimaye said that the root cause of the incident cannot be ascertained, adding that a team of electricians had begun processes to find out the reason for the fire outbreak.

READ MORE:

He revealed that the fire was discovered when the clerk of the house instructed the Sergeant at Arm to go and clean up the chamber.

He added that the fire extinguishers in the assembly were initially used to curtail the fire before men of the state fire service joined in putting it out.

According to Rimaye, no life was lost in the incident.

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *