Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has released a fresh warning from the Federal government to the those planning a fresh #EndSARS protest at the Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos on Saturday to stop.
Lai Mohammed passed this information in a press conference in Abuja and urged all who are part of this incitement to stop at once, as the government will not allow any further resort to violence in the name of EndSARS Protest.
While reassuring that peaceful protests are the constitutional rights of Nigerians, he clearly stated that violent protests are not.
He further said that there are great possibilities of having any peaceful protests hijacked at this time by hoodlums.
The minister alleged that based on the intelligence at the disposal of the Federal Government, there are ongoing partnership with some Nigerian activists and others outside the country who are bent on destabilizing the peace in the country.
“We cannot and must not allow this to happen. Any further resort to violence in the name of EndSARS will not be tolerated this time. ”
“The security agents are ready for any eventuality. A situation in which six soldiers and 37 policemen were murdered in cold blood by hoodlums will not repeat itself.
“The attack, looting and razing of 269 private and public property will not happen again. The killing of 57 civilians will not be re-enacted.
“We therefore strongly warn those who are planning to re-occupy Lekki Toll Gate on Saturday to desist. We know that many of those who have been loudest on social media in advertising the plan to reconvene in Lagos on Saturday are not even in Nigeria. They are elsewhere around the world fanning the embers of violence and inciting gullible people back home. No one should fall for their antics.
“No government anywhere will allow a repeat of the kind of destruction, killing and maiming wrought by the hijackers of EndSars protests last year. After all, only one policeman – (plus four others) – was killed in the invasion of the US Capitol in January, yet the FBI has continued
to hunt down and prosecute the perpetrators. No life is more important than the other.”
BREAKING: Army renames Operation Lafiya Dole in North-East
The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Ibrahim Attahiru, has approved the renaming of the ongoing counterinsurgency operation in the North-East from Operation Lafiya Dole to Operation Hadin Kai, the Nigerian Army has said.
This was contained in statement on Friday signed by Director Army Public Relations, Brigadier General Mohammed Yerima.
The statement was titled, ‘Nigerian Army Renames Operation In The North East, Seeks Inclusiveness’.
It read, “The Chief of Army Staff Lieutenant General Ibrahim Attahiru has approved the renaming of the ongoing Counterinsurgency Operation in the North East from Operation Lafiya Dole to Operation Hadin Kai.
“This is premised on the fact that the Nigerian Army has made a lot of progress over the years and needs to re-align for better efficiency.
“Also affected in the re-designation are the Army Super Camps which now reflect the nomenclature of the formations and units followed by the name of the locations they occupy while sub-units are redesigned as Forward Operating Bases followed by the name of their locations. All these changes are with immediate effect.
“The renaming is in line with the COAS Vision of having ‘A Nigerian Army that is Repositioned to Professionally Defeat all Adversaries in a Joint Environment’.
BREAKING: Five dead as gunmen set ablaze Imo police area command
Tension heightened in Imo State, on Monday, as unknown gunmen razed the Okigwe South Police Area Command situated in Orieagu in the Ehime Mbano Local Government Area of Imo State.
A police officer at the headquarters, who spoke to our correspondent in the evening, said that on arrival, the gunmen opened fire on the cops who challenged them.
It was learnt that the invaders freed all the suspects in the cells and carted away arms.
The source said that no fewer than five policemen were shot dead by the attackers as they torch the security facility.
The source said, “Our area command headquarters in Okigwe south is on fire. Six policemen shot dead. They also freed the suspects before igniting a fire on the facility.”
When contacted, the police spokesperson in the state, Orlando Ikeokwu, said that five policemen were killed while one was missing during the attack.
He disclosed that the command had launched an investigation into the onslaught.
Uzodinma’s guest house set ablaze
Guest House of Imo state Governor, Senator Hope Uzodinma was this morning set ablaze.
Information to the Lead Newspapers revealed that yet to be identified group of men stormed the House of a suspected IPOB member at Awomama in Oru East LGA, the country home of the Governor for possible arrest and allegedly set his House ablaze when they could not see him.
The said group allegedly set ablaze another HOUSE belonging to the younger brother of same suspected IPOB member.
Upon hearing this, group of gun men stormed the scene and when they could not find the said persons responsible for the act, they proceeded to the Governor’s house where they shot sporadically and set ablaze the Governor’s guest house Lead gathered.
Again, gunmen raze Akwa Ibom police station, kill cop
I was written off but never gave up – Iheanacho
Eid: Put politics aside, pray for Buhari, Tinubu urges Nigerians
FG careful with kidnappers not with #EndSARS protesters, Omokri slams Lai Mohammed
Eid: Buhari asks Nigerians to pray against banditry, kidnapping
Six things you didn’t know about India COVID-19 variant
Osun mosque shut, sallah prayers banned as imams battle for seat
Southern senators back govs on restructuring, open grazing
Anex Azuzu of Nollywood is dead
Uzodinma V. Philip Umeadi
FCMB demotes Adam Nuru, appoints Yemisi Edun as acting Managing Director
Breaking: Nigerian multi Billionaire Bolu Akin-Olugbade dies of COVID-19
Umeadi Vs Uzodinma: Imo PDP Develops Cold Feet Over Delay In Supreme Court
Ohanaeze Youth Accuses Okorocha, Ibe Of Inciting IPOB Against Organization
Celebrating The Irrepressible Chioma Ohakim
Herdsmen attacks: Seyi Makinde seems to be paralysed by fear, says sports minister
News2 months ago
Presidency kicks as Onnoghen links Buhari, Atiku electoral contest to removal as CJN
Health2 months ago
COVID-19: NCDC confirms 135 new infections
News2 months ago
Akintoye rebukes Akeredolu for rejecting Yoruba nation
Global News2 months ago
Indonesia cathedral bombing an ‘act of terror,’ says president
News2 months ago
Tinubu ignored Lagos, Oyo market victims but donated N50m to Katsina —Omokri
COVID-192 months ago
Ofcom fines Pastor Chris channel N65.6m over COVID-19 sermon
News2 months ago
Calls for secession, not solution to the Nigeria’s predicament – Fayemi
News2 months ago
NIN: Court bars FG from blocking SIM cards