The Presidential Task Force has reported more 24 COVID-19 patients who died form the novel virus.
The Task force say, this is a wake-up call to Nigerians that the deadly virus is still around.
The task force noted that the number of deaths, reported by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control on February 13, was the second highest in a day since the country had its index case on February 27, 2019.
PTF chairman, Mr. Boss Mustapha, said this on Monday in Abuja while speaking at the national briefing of the PTF on COVID-19, the News Agency of Nigeria reported.
He said there had been sustained efforts by sub-national entities and the Federal Capital Territory administration to stem the tide against the second wave of the pandemic.
“This is evident in the closure of some facilities, including event centres and clubs, over the violation of protocols.
‘“We are glad with the direction of the collaboration and enforcement which we believe will deter other would-be violators.
“’For the avoidance of doubt, places of worship should only have 50 per cent of their capacity; while indoor gatherings and meetings should not exceed 50 people at a time.
“Indoor restaurants, clubs and lounges should remain closed,” he said.
Mustapha, however, said that the recorded deaths of 24 COVID-19 patients in the country on February 13, being the second highest in a day since the beginning of the pandemic, should serve as a wake-up call for the populace to brace up for more compliance.