Connect with us

crimewatch

Dad’s friend raped me, filmed the act – Victim

Published

on

A suspected rapist, Mr Onuoha Odih, has been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly raping a 25-year-old lady, Blessing (pseudonym).

The victim told City Round that the suspect was his father’s friend and colleague when they both worked as security guards at a popular church based in the Ijesa area of Lagos State. She said despite her pleas, he raped her and boasted that nothing would happen to him because he would bribe the police and be freed.

“I tried to resist him but he brought out a knife and threatened to kill me,” she added.

Blessing stated that after her father lost his sight and left the employ of the church about five years ago, things became difficult for them and Odih offered to help the family from time to time.

READ ALSO: Police arrest retired soldiers’ sons using army uniform for robbery

The victim, who works as a point of sale terminal attendant in the Ijesa area of the state, said, “He and my dad used to work with the church as security guards before he began working for the church as an informant. My father lost his sight about five years ago, so he stopped working and had to be staying at home, so things became tough. He used to send money to my dad occasionally.”

On the day the incident happened, Faith said she had returned from work around 9pm when her father asked her to go and collect the money the suspect, also known as ‘king of boys,’ promised him.

She said, “When I got there, he transferred N10,000 to me. He said I should give N5,000 to my dad and keep the remaining N5,000. I thanked him and as I was about leaving, he said I would have to appreciate him in kind. He wanted me to ‘sleep’ (have sex) with him and I said no.

“I asked if it was because of the N5,000 he gave me that he was making such a demand, and I told him to give me his account number. He did and I transferred his money back to him immediately. I have the evidence.”

“Immediately after he received the money, he brought out a knife, locked the gate and asked me to undress.”

According to her, the incident took place on a vacant land on Alakoso Road, Ijesa. She said the premises had high walls as perimeter fencing and a big gate which he said was locked with a padlock and that even when she screamed no one came to her rescue.

“I ran towards the gate of the vacant land, hoping I could force it open, but he ran after me and dragged me back. The fence was high, so there was no way I could escape. I was shouting and calling for help but he said no one would answer me. He lived in a small security house on the premises.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

crimewatch

Troops stop attacks on muslims breaking ramadan fast in Borno

Published

on

Troops stop attacks on muslims breaking ramadan fast in Borno

Nigerian troops have resisted multiple terrorist attacks targeted at soldiers and Muslim faithful while breaking the Ramadan fast at Gajiram and Damasak towns in Borno State.

During the counter-terrorism operation on Tuesday night, effective close air support was provided by the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) aircraft to the ground troops at Damasak and Gajiram after they came under fire by ISWAP/Boko Haram terrorists.

According to a military intelligence disclosed to PRNigeria that the terrorists were on a reprisal mission to avenge the loss of their 13 top commanders, who were killed by troops in the Lake Chad axis last week.

“The terrorists deliberately targeted their reprisal on troops and residents of the two towns in the evening at the time Muslim faithful were about to break their fast on the first day of this year’s Ramadan.

READ MORE:

They were angry over the recent deadly strikes conducted in Tudun Wulgo, Zari, Tumbun Alhaji, Kusuma, Sigir in Ngala and Arijallamari, in Abadam, Marte and Ngala local government areas, which resulted in the killing of top ISWAP leaders.

“Some of the commanders that perished in the airstrikes included Mohammad Fulloja, Ameer Mallam Bello, Ba’a Kaka Tunkushe, Abu Muktar Al-Ansari, Ameer Abba Kaka, Abu Huzaifa, Ameer Modu Kwayem, while Goni Mustapha who was the Chief Imam of the ISWAP, escaped with bullet wounds,” the source said.

Before storming the two towns, the terrorists met at Garin Wanzam, where the new ISWAP commander in charge of training, Moustapah Goniri (Amirul Tadareify), directed militants on gun trucks to launch simultaneous attacks on Damasak and Gajiram in Mobbar and Nganzai local government areas respectively.

It was gathered that the two separate attacks were designed to distract the Air Task Force aggressor with night capability, that would be deployed for air attack.

READ MORE:

One of the groups attacked a military ‘Super Camp’, prompting troops to return fire. The second group attacked another position along the Maiduguri road axis, prompting troops to vacate the position, while the third group infiltrated it through the northern axis.

Consequently, before the militants could completely gain access into the town, the Air Task Force was reinforced to engage the terrorists. Two gun trucks with scores of terrorists were destroyed and occupants killed.

The terrorists’ incursion at Gajiram was gallantly repelled by the ground troops.

He added: “right now, bodies of the terrorists are littered all over the place. The insurgents are in total disarray and could not evacuate their dead colleagues.”

Meanwhile, the terrorist group has released a propaganda video of a previous attacks on Damasak where they took away an ambulance, a jeep and killed two young soldiers that had attempted to arrest a Boko Haram informant.

During the attack on April 11, the Nigerian Military shelled and eliminated scores of ISWAP and Boko Haram fighters on five-gun trucks in Damasak. Some of the terrorists were hit close to the perimeter fencing, while others were neutralised while attempting to loot food items in a store belonging to the United Nations (UN).

Meanwhile, the military’s airstrikes and ground artillery bombardments which occurred on April 6, eliminated two top ISWAP leaders including Abu-Rabi and Muhammed Likita, as well as scores of their troops and bodyguards around the axis of Kusuma, Sigir in Ngala and Arijallamari in Abadam Local Government Areas.

Similarly, on April 10, three other terrorists-Commanders including Ameer Umar, Abu Ubaida and Abu Salim were ambushed and killed by Nigerian forces on Saturday night around Wulgo/Logomani axis, close to Cameroon borders, while attempting to attack locals and rustle their cows.

Damaging strikes and artillery bombardment on the ISWAP camps had pushed the surviving terrorists to conduct desperate attacks and looting mission to get food and drugs for their wounded terrorists.

Continue Reading

crimewatch

Katsina Govt. to rehabilitate and integrate repentant bandits

Published

on

Katsina Govt. to rehabilitate and integrate repentant bandits

The Katsina State Government in conjunction with security operatives in the state, are making plans to rehabilitate and integrate repentant bandits who surrendered their weapons and turn from banditry in the state.

The Commissioner of Police, CP Sanusi Buba disclosed the information, after receiving four repentant bandit leaders in the state.

He said, any suspected bandits that surrender their guns to denounce banditry would be welcomed into the society.

Stating further, he said that the door is wide open to receive potential repent bandits in the state, otherwise the government is prepared to deal with anyone caught involved in any criminal activity.

READ MORE:

Buba said, “The security agencies in conjunction with the state government would as soon as possible, embark on the process of re-orientation and rehabilitation of these gentle men that surrendered their weapons.

“This is designed to integrate them into society and make them better citizens.”

While responding to whether there is a specific period for surrender by the bandits, CP Sanusi said, to surrender is internationally recognized, and anytime during the course of war somebody surrenders, you are not supposed to attack him.

And it is not something that would have a time frame, if in the course of this campaign somebody feels that he is going to surrender, he is welcomed, but if you don’t and we catch up with you, may your soul rest in peace.”

Continue Reading

Breaking News

[BREAKING] Arms fund probe: Finally, Army chief appears before Reps

Published

on


The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, is currently appearing before the House of Representatives’ Ad Hoc Committee on the Need to Review the Purchase, Use and Control of Arms, Ammunition and Related Hardware by Military, Paramilitary and Other Law Enforcement Agencies.

The committee had no less than two times invited Attahiru and Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele, to answer questions on the procurement of arms and ammunition.
On Friday, the committee, after a long wait, postponed the investigative hearing till Monday.

Read Also: Police Kills another Black man in Minneapolis, sparks fresh protest

Earlier on March 22, 2021, the committee had, after the failure by the CBN governor and the COAS to appear before it, summoned them to appear before on April 7, 2021.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending