Connect with us

Health

COVID-19: NCDC confirms 135 new infections

Published

on

COVID-19

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has confirmed 135 new infections, raising the number of infections in the country to 161,409.

This was made known on Thursday night by the NCDC via its official Twitter handle, where it disclosed that the new infections were recorded in 16 states including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

“On March 18, 135 new confirmed cases were recorded in Nigeria.

Read More: Okorocha rejoices as court declares Ararume APC senatorial candidate

“The new cases are reported from 16 states, Lagos (41), Imo (20), Ogun (14), FCT (10), Kebbi (11), Rivers (10), Akwa Ibom (eight) and Plateau (four).

“’Ebonyi (three), Kaduna (three), Kano (three), Osun (three), Oyo (two), Ekiti (one), Gombe (one), and Nasarawa (one).

“Till date, 161,409 cases have been confirmed, 146,890 cases have been discharged and 2,027 deaths have been recorded in 36 states and the FCT,” it said.

The health agency went ahead to say that the country’s recoveries from COVID-19 were now outpacing new reported cases, as 426 people have been discharged in the last 24 hours.

It said that Thursday’s report included 162 community recoveries in Ebonyi State managed in line with NCDC guidelines, while data from Kebbi State were recorded over the last two days.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Global News

Take Second Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine, UNICEF to Nigerians

Published

on

Take Second Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine, UNICEF to Nigerians

The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) has urged those who received the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, Astrazeneca vaccine, to take second dose for stronger immunity against the virus.

Mrs Elizabeth Onitolo, UNICEF Communication for Development (C4D) Specialists, made the call in Yola on Wednesday at a three-day media dialogue on Immunisation, Post-polio Certification and COVID-19 Vaccination.

The programme was organised by the Federal Ministry of Information and Culture in collaboration with UNICEF.

Onitolo urged those who were vaccinated to also observe the protocols to safeguard other people from the virus.

READ MORE:

She said that there was need for people to get vaccinated and continue to abide by the protocols to curtail the spread of the virus.

Also, Mrs Lilian Okeke, Team Lead, African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) in Adamawa, said the vaccine was provided to save lives and not to harm anyone.

“Our concern is to save lives, you need to take those preventive measures to save your live and others,“ Okeke said.

She advised pregnant women to consult their doctors for medical advice before receiving such vaccine.

Continue Reading

Health

40,000 Residents in FCT Have taken COVID-19 Vaccination – Iwot

Published

on

40,000 Residents in FCT Have taken COVID-19 Vaccination – Iwot

Acting Executive Secretary of the Federal Capital Territory Primary Healthcare Board (FPHB), Dr. Nda-Eyo Iwot, has announced that over 40,000 persons, living in the FCT have received their first shots of the COVID-19 vaccines.

Iwot who disclosed this to journalists while monitoring the vaccination of FCT lawmakers, said the figure is part of the one million doses so far inoculated nationwide.

READ MORE:

While speaking on the safety of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, the Secretary urged the residents to ignore conspiracy theories and fake news being pushed on social media, adding that no known adverse effect of the vaccine has been recorded.

He further explained that two of the five cases being spread around are not directly linked to the vaccine.

He also commended the law makers for publicly taking the vaccine.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

BREAKING: Doctors suspend nationwide strike

Published

on

Resident doctors have suspended their nationwide strike after 10 days.

Their president, Dr. Uyilawa Okhuaihesuyi, told The PUNCH on Saturday.

He said, “We suspended the strike about one hour ago. We are responsible to Nigerians, the government has acceded to some demands.”

Read Also: Wike bans meeting of Igbo group in Rivers

According to him, the strike was suspended after meetings with various stakeholders in the health sector.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending