Connect with us

crimewatch

Buhari mourns slain Miyetti Allah leaders, vows to rid Nigeria of criminals

Published

on

The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), on Monday, mourned leaders of the Miyetti Allah in Nasarawa State who were recently killed.

Buhari’s condolence message was contained in a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, titled, ‘President Buhari mourns Nasarawa Miyetti Allah leaders.’

Shehu quoted Buhari as calling on Fulani leaders in the state to choose new leaders that will build on the foundation of peace laid by their slain leaders.

He was also said to have reiterated the determination of his regime to work with all members of the society to rid the country of terrorists, bandits and kidnappers.

Read Also: Imo jailbreak: Gov. Uzodinma in emergency meeting with security chiefs

The statement read, “President Muhammadu Buhari condoles with the government and people of Nasarawa State over the brutal killing of the leaders of the Miyetti Allah who forged a strategic partnership with the government against the menace of bandits and kidnappers.

“The President described the late state leader, Alhaji Mohammed Husaini who was among those murdered as a beacon of peace for Nasarawa State and the subregion.

“In praying for the repose of the souls of those killed, President Buhari urged the Fulani leaders in the state to choose new leaders who will build on the foundations of peace set up by the Husaini-led leadership.

“The President reiterated the determination of his administration to work with all members of the society to rid the country of terrorists, bandits and kidnappers.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Breaking News

[BREAKING] Arms fund probe: Finally, Army chief appears before Reps

Published

on


The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, is currently appearing before the House of Representatives’ Ad Hoc Committee on the Need to Review the Purchase, Use and Control of Arms, Ammunition and Related Hardware by Military, Paramilitary and Other Law Enforcement Agencies.

The committee had no less than two times invited Attahiru and Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele, to answer questions on the procurement of arms and ammunition.
On Friday, the committee, after a long wait, postponed the investigative hearing till Monday.

Read Also: Police Kills another Black man in Minneapolis, sparks fresh protest

Earlier on March 22, 2021, the committee had, after the failure by the CBN governor and the COAS to appear before it, summoned them to appear before on April 7, 2021.

Continue Reading

crimewatch

Three Alledged Bandits killed in katsina State

Published

on

Three Alledged Bandits killed in katsina State

Three gunmen alleged to be bandits has been killed by the residents of Magamar Jibia border community, Katsina State on Sunday.

The Residents said the gunmen had entered the community on vehicles and motorcycles around 11pm on Sunday and invaded the house of one of the residents.

The house-owner reportedly raised alarm, which prompted the community residents, who were mainly youths, to mobilize and confront the bandits.

It was learnt that the youths overpowered the gunmen who then made a retreat to the nearby forest where they came from.

READ MORE:

The youths reportedly killed three of the bandits while the rest escaped to the forest.

One of the community leaders who pleaded for anonymity said, “The youths killed three of the bandits. In fact, they burnt two of the bandits to ashes while the corpse of the third bandit was removed by the police this morning (Monday).”

The Spokesman for the Katsina Police Command, SP Gambo Isah was yet to react to the incident by Monday afternoon, although another community leader in the area, Gide Dahiru had confirmed the incident.

Gide said, “Yes, the bandits came on Sunday night but the residents confronted them, leading to the death of three of the bandits. The rest of the bandits escaped back to the forest.”

Continue Reading

crimewatch

Kidnapped Imo Catholic Priest Regains Freedom

Published

on

The Kidnapped Catholic Priest, Rev. Fr. Izu Marcell Onyeocha, has been released on Monday morning.

The Imo State Police Command spokesman, Orlando Ikeokwu, confirmed the priest’s release.

Rev. Fr. Izu Marcell Onyeocha, was kidnapped on Sunday, April 11, 2021 along the Ihube – Okigwe highway by gunmen, after his vehicle broke down on the busy expressway Sunday night.

Orlando had told journalists that one Bissong Isa Atugu who was in the same Nissan Exterra SUV, said Fulani herdsmen allegedly took the priest away after inflicting him with machete cuts.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending